- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 Onion- medium dice
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper- large dice
- 1 lb. El Popular Longaniza Sausage
- 15 oz. can black beans- drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt- to taste
- ½ lb Chihuahua cheese
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Take El Popular Longaniza out of the casing and cut into ¼ inch medallions.
- Cook until browned about 8 minutes, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan add olive oil, sweat onion and garlic until onion is almost translucent. Add bell peppers and cook till tender but firm. Add cooked Longaniza, cayenne, cilantro and black beans. Cook on medium low heat for 20 min. Add salt to taste.
- Wash rice under running water to wash out any extra starches that will make it sticky.
- Add rice and water in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- After water has begun to boil, reduce heat to medium and cover rice with a lid. After 10- 15 minutes, use the end of a wooden spoon to check if the water has absorbed into the rice. If water is absorbed, fluff with a fork.
- Serve black beans and Longaniza over rice and top with Chihuahua cheese.