- 3 cups Bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups Semolina flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. El Popular Chorizo, Mild cooked
- 2 Large tomatoes
- 1 Large butternut squash
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 6 oz. El Popular Chorizo original
- 2 ears of corn
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 lb. Ground chuck
- 6 oz. EL Popular Mild Chorizo
- 1 egg
- Place your bread flour and semolina flour together in a large bowl. Mix both with a fork. Push the flour outward onto the sides of the bowl and form a well. Crack four whole eggs into the center of the well.
- Next, place 6 oz. of the cooked mild chorizo into a food processor or finely chop. Add the finely chopped or processed chorizo to the eggs in the well of the bowl. Mix the flour on the sides with a fork into the chorizo and eggs. Continue mixing until a dough ball forms.
- Place some flour onto a flat surface, and roll the dough into it. Cut dough into two equal parts. Knead each separate dough ball slightly with fingers to flatten, and run dough through press seven times or flatten out with a rolling pin until thin. Continually add some flour to dough each time it goes through the press or after each time with the rolling pin. Finishing with two separate flattened dough sheets.
- After the dough is all rolled out and flattened, take the lip or edge of dough and roll it to form a log. Slice the logs completely through every quarter inch until logs are completed sliced. Unroll pasta strips, and let the cut strips of dough dry thoroughly in a bowl or sheet pan. Plan into the refrigerator to cook later. You may immediately cook the strips of pasta dough after cutting. To cook boil 8-12 quarts of water in a large pot and add strips boil for 3-5 minutes check for doneness.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree
- Cut tomatoes into 8 wedges, place in bowl
- Clean 2 ears of corn, slice corn off cob, place in separate bowl
- Peel and seed butternut squash, cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Place ½ squash with tomatoes, and ½ with corn.
- Drizzle olive oil over both bowls of vegetable to coat evenly
- Place on sheet pan and roast 20-25 minutes, each pan separately
- When done put in food processor to blend tomatoes and squash with 6 oz. chorizo until smooth.
- Place mixture into a saucepot and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add second sheet pan of squash and corn to sauce and continue to simmer 15 minutes longer.
- Mix together the 6 oz. of chorizo mild, ground chuck, and egg into a bowl and mix together
- Roll 16 to 20 balls.
- Place meatball onto a sheet pan and bake until done.
- Add meatball to sauce and season to taste.