- Pastry for 1-crust 9-inch pie
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices of bacon, crispy cooked, crumbled
- ¼ cups bread flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup shortening chilled
- 1 tbs. ice water
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl. Add in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle the ice water and white wine over flour. Mix it with your hands just until the dough comes together.
- Gently gather dough particles together into a ball. Wrap it in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes, before rolling
- Divide dough into 24 balls
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Divide pastry into 24 balls; 1 ball onto bottom and upside of each of 24 miniature muffin pan cups.
- Toss cheese with flour in medium bowl; set aside. Beat the eggs, half-and-half and seasonings with wire whisk until well blended. Add to cheese mixture along with the chorizo and bacon; mix well. Spoon evenly into pastry-lines cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned.