- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lb. Idaho potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 5 oz. El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 6 ½ oz. Queso Fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp butter
- To make dough in food processor: add the eggs, salt and oil and run the machine for 1 minute. Then add the sour cream plus 4 ½ cups of flour. Run the machine until a soft bowl forms. Working a flat surface, sprinkle about 1 tbsp of flour and gently knead the dough. And 2 more tbsp of flour and knead. Add more flour if needed. Divide the dough and gently, using your knuckles push the dough into 2 6 x 6 squares. Flip each square over and remove any excess flour from dough. Place each square into a plastic bag, and lie on a sheet pan and refrigerate overnight. Reserving the excess flour for rolling out the dough.
- For the filling, boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add cooked El Popular Chorizo and Crumbled Queso Fresco, mix until combined. In a pan of medium heat melt butter and sauté onions until golden butter let cool and add to potato mixture.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to ¼ inch thick. Cut out 3” circles. Fill dough circles with a heaping tablespoon of Chorizo Potato Mixture. Fold dough in half and pinch the edges.
- In boiling water, boil the pierogi in batches of 8 to 10 for 5 minutes. Pull out and cool in Ice bath or store and freeze for later.